Saturday, October 31, 2015

Ellie Goulding unveils new track 'Army' at Abbey Road

  
A week ahead of releasing her anticipated third album ‘Delirium’, Ellie Goulding has shared a stunning live performance of brand new track ‘Army’. 

The piece was filmed in Abbey Road Studios and is available to watch now on YouTube. ‘Army’ is the third track to be offered to fans as an early download with album pre-order, alongside ‘Lost And Found’, ‘Something In The Way You Move’ and the hit lead single ‘On My Mind’. Joined in the studio by backing vocalists, string section and full live band, Goulding delivers an unforgettable vocal performance in this special film directed by Chris Howe.

“I realised that I had focused a lot of writing on past relationships and it hit me I had never written about my best friend” said Ellie in a letter to fans today. “The person I met in college over ten years ago. The person who was at my very first gig. The person who has seen me at my lowest and the first person I call in muffled sobs when something bad happens. We’ve been deliriously happy together, deliriously tired and deliriously sad together. I wanted to show our friendship for what it really is- honest, real, electric. I think about the times we drink together until neither of us can stand. The laughing at our own ridiculousness and foolishness. Comparing our trials and errors; overthinking our break ups and new loves, remembering everything we’ve been through to get to this point and being so proud of it. Two girls from Hereford trying our best in the City. We open our hearts up and take risks, but together we are more powerful than ever. We are challenged every day but we see it through and sometimes it feels like we can conquer anything. When I’m with you, I’m standing with an army.”

‘Delirium’ is the upcoming album from Ellie Goulding, coming November 6th on Polydor. Having already sold over 165,000 copies and accumulated over 60 million streams, the album’s lead single ‘On My Mind’ is a certified smash. Recently joined by two instant grats from the album, ‘Lost & Found’ and ‘Something In The Way You Move’, the single is riding high on UK radio with A list additions at Radio 1 and Capital.



No comments :

Post a Comment